* Supporting DJs are ok up to a point, but wear out their welcome after 1.5+ hours, especially when you're not drunk, stoned or even mildly sugar high.
* You can dance to Autechre, or at least you can dance in the same room as Autechre.
* The Autechre audience contains persons who are among the most obnoxious I have encountered in sixteen years of attending gigs.
* People will take mobile phone photos of the stage even when the lighting consists of nothing more than four LEDs and the luminous Apple logos on the band's laptops.
* The seduction of scruffy hipster by youthful Goth is conducted via an intricate ritual of rhythmic pouting, covert crotch fondling and (on the hipster's part) confused and intimidated scowling.
* Kram from Spiderbait is everywhere.
* Pack the Hi Fi Bar with (mostly) male (mostly) nerds and it resembles nothing so much as a minimum security prison for hackers and minor sex offenders.
* Autechre pretty much rule. I already knew that, though.